MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 20:08:08
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES  (Read 136375 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #150 on: 15 April 2008, 06:10:17 »

Those things were almost as stupid as the toothbrushes they make that play a song. They only play the one song, and also why would you even want your toothbrush to blash "I wanna Rock n' Roll all Nite" into your teeth? You wouldn't even hear it correctly.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #151 on: 15 April 2008, 11:45:37 »

I agree, but it's the nostalgia I'm after. I found it, by the way. It plays about 50 seconds of the song and ends.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #152 on: 16 April 2008, 12:36:17 »

More like Hit SCAM.

M I RITE?! M I RITE?!

Ramen Noodles!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 16 April 2008, 18:14:49 »

Scam doesn't rhyme with Clips.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #154 on: 16 April 2008, 21:38:24 »

It does if you're deaf...

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #155 on: 17 April 2008, 04:14:26 »

Touché, Priest.

albert
Noob

« Reply #156 on: 9 May 2008, 08:55:55 »

do you know a website for megaman or rockman games that can be download? ???

Posted on:  9 May 2008, 08:52:24

please if you know a website for rockman please put it here in our forums :'(
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #157 on: 9 May 2008, 15:21:06 »

Did you even read the rules? That right there is like the number one thing on the list. You aren't even supposed to talk about them. Do you want to know why? Because it's illegal.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #158 on: 9 May 2008, 17:03:54 »

And now he's dead.

*cry*

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #159 on: 9 May 2008, 18:33:55 »

I never stop  to wonder if people are really that stupid or if it's just a troll...

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #160 on: 9 May 2008, 18:52:15 »

I never stop  to wonder if people are really that stupid or if it's just a troll...

So... you walk and wonder that?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #161 on: 16 May 2008, 06:40:38 »

Don't wonder and walk! Winners don't do contemplation!

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #162 on: 18 June 2009, 22:47:18 »

If they made MegaMan Zero for the PS2 or Gamecube(and like use X4 concepts). I think there wouldn't be as much hate as there is today...

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #163 on: 19 June 2009, 02:08:41 »

I'd disagree with that statement, even though a Mega Man Zero game on an actual console sounds nice to me. It'd probably just decrease just by a little.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #164 on: 19 June 2009, 02:52:30 »

Still wouldn't fix the crappy level design and annoyingly cheap bosses that seem to have little to no pattern therefore becoming a luck game.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #165 on: 19 June 2009, 04:06:04 »

Wow. You guys are really hard on the Zero series, eh?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 19 June 2009, 04:25:20 »

Trust me, I've given them enough chances and I just find myself wanting to die rather than continue playing.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #167 on: 19 June 2009, 06:15:38 »

It's the story I dislike in MMZ the most, so putting it on a console doesn't change that. Gameplay-wise it just felt glitchy, or at least unfinished/unpolished to me, not overly hard or cheap.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #168 on: 19 June 2009, 06:37:51 »

Well, I rest my case then -.-".

Signature:
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #169 on: 19 June 2009, 06:45:07 »

Usually one rests their case when they feel they've proven themselves correct beyond a shadow of a doubt, but sure.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 20 June 2009, 03:35:17 »

I'm one of the rare members who actually likes the series.. I liked the story and the gameplay, as well as the art on SOME levels.

The story was good, but I can agree on the cyber elf thing being stupid. Other than that it was really good, having X as an antagonist leading a corrupt empire filled with pantheons (X-clones) was a really wicked idea. If it were an alternate reality and without cyber elves, then it'd probably be my favorite series.

The art was good, of course there's flaws like making everybody look like 14 year old girls, but everything else was pretty cool.

Gameplay was fine, wasn't as glitchy as the SNES MMX games (fact), the only problem I saw was the size of the screen, which everybody knows screws up your ability to play.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 20 June 2009, 03:53:55 »

I'd like the story if it wasn't supposed to be what happens after the X series.

And I personally love the Zero series. Still haven't played the fourth, though.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #172 on: 20 June 2009, 05:38:05 »

Don't.

LOL BANDWAGON
TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #173 on: 20 June 2009, 06:01:42 »

Honestly, the story is pretty good... in concept. If it played out like the others it would feel perfect as apposed to incomplete.

Mega Man: "Defeat evil doctor and stop him from ruling the world. Alright awesome."

X: "Destroy robots driven mad by a virus. Great."

Zero: "Long long ago, in a battle that we will explain very little of.... Wait... What? Ok this could still be fun... And X is dead... Wow, lame."

You getting this? It has too much of a backstory, a backstory which is actually important in explaining things, so it's crammed into a game that should have very little of a story line, thus the feeling of the story line being "pushy". Not to mention it's always from one extreme to another extreme with this game, giving everything very little time to develope and play out and leaving it with a story that just sorta seems... there and not really fitting. If it was thought through... like REALLY thought through, I bet you we would have been fighting in the elf wars before they pumped out this, then there wouldn't be a need for a jumbled up backstory.

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #174 on: 9 April 2010, 02:46:51 »

Zero 1: The bosses are so out of place. Aztec Falcon, Thunder Beetle, and Flame Monkey should be stage select bosses. The four guardians should be fortress bosses, not stage select bosses, unless you want to pull a Megaman 3. The dragon thing and the train do not belong in the stage select part.

Zero 2: The game got alot better on where they can place bosses. But Thunder Kuwanger is an Intermission boss, and the guardians are still stage select bosses.

Zero 3: This game did alot better. It was alot like Megaman 7 and 8. Beat four bosses, and beat an intermission stage, then four more bosses. The problem with it is that there are so many intermission stages that they only put two fortress stages. First off the Baby Elves stage was okay, then we fight three bosses from the first game, kinda like how Megaman fights Megaman 2 bosses again in Megaman 3, with differences being that you fight them in their original forms, you don't fight them in the bosses of this games stages, and they don't include all of them. Finally we get Copy X, who should have had a fortress stage.

Zero 4: This game did a wonderful job on placing bosses where they belong. 
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #175 on: 9 April 2010, 12:10:58 »

Zero 1: The bosses are so out of place. Aztec Falcon, Thunder Beetle, and Flame Monkey should be stage select bosses. The four guardians should be fortress bosses, not stage select bosses, unless you want to pull a Megaman 3. The dragon thing and the train do not belong in the stage select part.

Zero 2: The game got alot better on where they can place bosses. But Thunder Kuwanger is an Intermission boss, and the guardians are still stage select bosses.

Zero 3: This game did alot better. It was alot like Megaman 7 and 8. Beat four bosses, and beat an intermission stage, then four more bosses. The problem with it is that there are so many intermission stages that they only put two fortress stages. First off the Baby Elves stage was okay, then we fight three bosses from the first game, kinda like how Megaman fights Megaman 2 bosses again in Megaman 3, with differences being that you fight them in their original forms, you don't fight them in the bosses of this games stages, and they don't include all of them. Finally we get Copy X, who should have had a fortress stage.

Zero 4: This game did a wonderful job on placing bosses where they belong. 

Doesn't change the fact that the Zero series is #####.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #176 on: 9 April 2010, 16:32:15 »

I don't think he was trying to make the Zero series look good, on the buildings on the lvls and were the bosses and how CAPCOM tried to make it better by improving it by each sequal they make.

Signature:
Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #177 on: 30 April 2010, 20:28:12 »

What pisses me off about the first game is that every stage has the same music. Don't you get tired hearing Aztec Falcon's theme carry on to be Blizzack Staggroff's theme, and then carry on to be Harpuia's theme. Like I said, the boss placement is completely out of place. Most of the bosses just don't belong in the mission stages. Here are the ones that should be in the mission stages.

-Stage Select
  Aztec Falcon (get the thunder chip)
  Maha Ganeshariff
  Anubis Necro. III
  Blizzack Staggroff (get the ice chip)
  Hanumachine (get the fire chip)
  Herculious Anchortus

The four guardians can be fortress bosses. The train engine and the element thing can be sub bosses, or fortress bosses. Or hell, even intermediate bosses.

I hate the whole leveling up thing. I like how they stopped doing that in Megaman Zero 3. Also, the techniques Zero gets from bosses (aka EX Skills) are lazy as hell. Most of them are just rehashes from previous games.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #178 on: 30 April 2010, 20:55:46 »

You're assuming people actually got them, since you didn't automatically get the skills from beating them, you had to clear the stage in 15 seconds killing every enemy and not taking a single hit to earn them.

Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #179 on: 30 April 2010, 21:53:01 »

You're assuming people actually got them, since you didn't automatically get the skills from beating them, you had to clear the stage in 15 seconds killing every enemy and not taking a single hit to earn them.

Thanks for reminding me about all the crap you go through just to unlock those. Megaman Zero 4 did a much better job getting those. If you play the stage, thats suited to its weather than you get the weapon.
FearTheBeans
Noob

« Reply #180 on: 6 June 2010, 06:01:44 »

I say screw you all who hate this series (especially redpriest. you piss me off the most). I found it entertaining. Yes there are a few flaws (aka the ranking which barely matter), but it was fun. I liked the series and the challange. And what's with the thong issue? they are robots. they dont have thongs. Honestly I like all the series (though i havent played zx or x) exept for starforce. No matter what you say, I still dont see why you hate this series.  :P
« Last Edit: 6 June 2010, 06:19:15 by FearTheBeans » Logged
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 6 June 2010, 06:31:10 »

I don't think the challenge is the big thing with most people here. I know I love extremely difficult games for the most part, but couldn't stand mmz mostly due to the stupid metroidvania-esque map layout and the anorexic art style. And the music was less than inspiring as well. Most of the real problems are due to it not really being a mega man series to begin with.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #182 on: 6 June 2010, 07:59:12 »

It's your opinion, man. Some (most) of us hate it, and some like it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 6 June 2010, 14:47:22 »

The gameplay is alright, I beat the first one when I was just a kid, but it isn't really a Megaman game.

And you've never played the X series?
Play through them and then you'll realize how awesome they are and why the Zero series is a pile of flaming poopy in comparison.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #184 on: 6 June 2010, 15:19:07 »

I say screw you all who hate this series (especially redpriest. you piss me off the most).

Why do you CARE if people hate MMZ. You didn't make it (although you spell like you did).

I disagree with you on the series, but at the same time, I couldn't give less of a #####. Especially not enough to say "screw you"... At least for having a different opinion of the series than I do, because there are other things I coooouuld...........

Also, that series sucks.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 7 June 2010, 05:23:25 »

I say screw you all who hate this series (especially redpriest. you piss me off the most).

You didn't make it (although you spell like you did).

When you said that, I made a noise like an owl.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
FearTheBeans
Noob

« Reply #186 on: 8 June 2010, 00:07:03 »

Honestly I'm tired of seeing you all say how bad of a seires it is. It's not that bad. you guys make it seem like a really bad game when it isnt!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #187 on: 8 June 2010, 00:36:31 »

I don't care.

I think those games are terrible and that has NOTHING to do with you.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #188 on: 8 June 2010, 18:16:41 »

I like the jumping and shooting parts.

The rest can go.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #189 on: 8 June 2010, 18:26:37 »

Honestly I'm tired of seeing you all say how bad of a seires it is. It's not that bad. you guys make it seem like a really bad game when it isnt!

It's our OPINION. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but... you gotta deal with it.

There's always going to be people that hate a game you love... and there'll be people who will like a game you hate. That's just the way it is, man.
FearTheBeans
Noob

« Reply #190 on: 8 June 2010, 18:43:04 »

Well unlike most of you, I dont go out of my way to go and tell people how bad it is.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #191 on: 8 June 2010, 19:06:46 »

Well unlike most of you, I dont go out of my way to go and tell people how bad it is.

Well said sir, well said!  Especially with so many dicks in your mouth.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #192 on: 8 June 2010, 20:42:36 »

How exactly am I "going out of my way to hate the series"? Is it because I'm detailing my reasons for not liking it in good detail or something? Because, last I checked, this was a forum where people could express their opinion.

When it comes down to it, I've played the X series long enough for it to have become something I could grow to love. I heard about the Zero series with similar/greater expectations. The series failed to meet a LOT of those expectations, and thus isn't what I want to play.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #193 on: 8 June 2010, 22:01:27 »

See this post, guys? People like this grow into that way of thinking and become active members of our society.

It's scary.

Now, not that I even said anything about the Zero series—I tried it, and put it down very quickly—but posting on a forum where I regularly post is not "going out of my way" to say anything. Maybe if I was going on youtube videos of MMZ and saying "This ##### SUCKS" and jumping on other forums to express hate for the series it might be considered inappropriate. But here I don't feel like censoring my opinion.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
FearTheBeans
Noob

« Reply #194 on: 9 June 2010, 19:58:24 »

If you "arent going out of your way" why are you on the zero post and not the megaman x?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #195 on: 9 June 2010, 20:04:18 »

Because this forum isn't very active and when there's a new post - no matter which subforum it's in - we're sure to participate in the discussion. There's really no room for anyone to ignore threads here, because there's only maybe 10-20 posts on an average day lately, sometimes no more than 3-5.

I personally really enjoy the Zero series, but I don't give a crap whether or not anyone else here feels the same way. It doesn't make a difference to me. Rez is an old coot with impossibly high standards, but we love him anyway because old people are hilariously adorable.

And he'll kill us if we say we don't like him.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #196 on: 9 June 2010, 20:48:00 »

If you like MMZ, you're already dead INSIDE.  I can't do anything else to you.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #197 on: 9 June 2010, 22:19:11 »

The Zero series tries too hard to be hardcore without giving any middle ground to inexperienced players.  The games punish you hard for making the wrong decisions and you have very little room for error.  Not only that but the game #####s you over with the ranking system that's been put into place.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 9 June 2010, 23:51:19 »

You could probably say similar things--Other than the ranking system stuff--about the original MM games, so while I don't like the Zero series, I have to disagree with Xero's reasons (in part).

You're the only person here going out of your way. As Majikn said, we were already here. If anything, we're going INTO our way, and only when asked, really. If we ALL had the same opinion and cared enough to "go out of our way" or do any sort of EXTRA work for it, there would even be a section for the Zero series or a General Zero Series Enquiries thread.

In fact, you're going out of your way to tell us off or something (I really don't understand you), just for having a different opinion than you, of which you, a stranger, shouldn't even care about.

And as ASR said, the forum isn't as active as Gaia Online or some stupid thing, so every member tends to join in every conversation and, personally, I like that.

Your argument has just been utterly destroyed.

You didn't make it (although you spell like you did).

When you said that, I made a noise like an owl.

Who?

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #199 on: 10 June 2010, 02:29:50 »

If you "arent going out of your way" why are you on the zero post and not the megaman x?

Your assumptions on people's motives when it comes to a discussion are incredibly incorrect. What you're proposing is fallible.

Similar to/just like what ASR and Mike are saying, we come on the forum for a discussion. When I see there's a new post or discussion to be had, I check it out. Just because I don't like the series, doesn't mean I don't want to discuss about it. If I feel that I need to reply on a comment that is said, I will do so. If not, I will move on to the next thread, etc. I am in no way going against my own will or "taking the trouble" to say something.

Like Mike said, you're not making any sense, and we can all see that.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string