MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 11:20:24
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 7
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 7  (Read 5030 times)
prakaushal
Noob

« on: 23 April 2009, 07:02:42 »

The last good Mega Man game (yes better than MM8)"

The first (and last) true Mega Man game Capcom made for the Super Nintendo. (X is a different series, and dont even get me started about ''Mega Man Soccer'') For all its worth Capcom did a good job on the last Mega Man for Nintendo. Read below to find out more.

-Story-
Dr. Wily has been captured and sent to prison (Mega Man 6). So the world is safe right? Well No, Dr. Wily had a ''Backup plan'' should he ever become captured. After 6 months of being in prison, 4 robots break out of their containment pods and break Wily out of prison and start to run amok. Mega Man has to stop these new robots and put Wily back in prison. But on the way to stop Wily, Mega Man meets a new ''hero'' robot, Bass and his dog Treble. Is Bass really a hero? And can Mega Man defeat Wily for the 7th time? (If you have to beat Wily for the 7th time, maybe its time to upgrade?)

-Gameplay-
Mega Mans transition from NES to SNES wasnt as smooth as it could have been. Mega Man seems to have lost some control. Sliding isnt as easy as it once was. Super shots dont seem so super any more. Even climbing up ladders isnt as good. But otherwise its the same classic platforming that has gotten us through the last 6 Mega Man games. Rush is back and sporting some new forms. The Rush Jetpack is back as well as the some sort of Rush Dig. I was quite upset to learn that Mega Man can only hold 4 energy tanks while the other games let him hold 9. And You now go around collecting bolts to buy and upgrade stuff at Auto's Shop. The classic look of the robots you fight has now changed. The classic form is stil there with some of the robots (Shademan, Freezeman) but some of the robots are almost foreign (Cloudman, Slashman, Springman). The thing I miss the most is you can only fight 4 robots at a time. Once you defeat the first 4 you can fight the next 4. Its like capcom forgot how to do a Mega Man game.

-Graphics-
Since this is on a 16bit system and not 8, its a given that the graphics are going to be better. Mega Man looks more like MegaMan X now. The graphics look good (I especially like Shademan's stage) and it still has that classic side scrolling feel from that last 6 games. Mega Man X series still has better graphics.

-Audio/Video-
This has actually improved from the last game. Still its not the best music ever but its better then recent Mega Man games (Its better then Mega Man 8). There is actually a secret to get a new stage tune for Shademan's Stage from another classic Capcom title. My favorite tunes from this game come from the Junkman, Shademan, Freezeman, Burstman, Slashman, and Cloudman. Not to mention Wily Castle stage music.

-Replay-
There are some real neat secrets but telling you here would be a little unsporting. But they are pretty cool. Other then the few secrets here and there this game does lack a little replayabilty. Still If your an avid Mega Man fan this is definitely one of the better titles.

The Final Tally:
Story: 8 (Wily gets out of Jail, Introduction of Bass)
Graphics : 8 (Jump from NES to SNES looks well done)
Gameplay : 6 (Mega Man loses a lot of control)
Audio : 8 (Some pretty good stage music, that last MM series game to have this)
Replay : 6 (Play to hear your favorite tunes again, but otherwise sits on your shelf)
Overall : 7.5 rounded to 8 (for GameFaq scoring)

I've always been a big fan of Mega Man fan. I cut my teeth on MM3 and since then ive been a big fan till MM6 came out. MM7 was the last great MM in my humble opinion. The Mega Man series has always lack replayablity unfortunately.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2009, 08:20:13 »

This topic contributes to MMM greatly!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2009, 21:05:23 »

This topic contributes to GameFAQs grea-- oh wait.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2009, 22:19:40 »

I didn't realize it was there until you pointed it out.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2009, 02:14:11 »

I just assumed from the overall rank.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2009, 06:42:35 »

At least it was put in the right boards.

fawfulmk-II
Noob

« Reply #6 on: 7 May 2009, 03:10:58 »

wait, we can post reviews? because I can review the first two MMs if you want.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2009, 03:14:45 »

Hey, no.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2009, 13:18:51 »

You can also take a knife and cut your neck open, but that doesn't mean you should.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2009, 18:34:36 »

"I can drive a car with my feet if I want to, that don't make it a good #####in' idea!"
-Chris Rock
« Last Edit: 8 May 2009, 02:55:45 by Mikero » Logged

fawfulmk-II
Noob

« Reply #10 on: 7 May 2009, 18:52:13 »

Ok, I won't then. :'(
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 7
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string