MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 17:54:29
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES  (Read 181950 times)
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #400 on: 23 August 2010, 02:50:09 »

The worst part is, in order to get ALL of the upgrades, you have to save ALL of the reploids.
Who can die.
FOREVER.

WITHOUT YOU KNOWING.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #401 on: 23 August 2010, 03:19:51 »

Serious? X6 would've ruined my childhood...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #402 on: 23 August 2010, 14:38:36 »

Really?  the WORST?  X6 isn't great, but at least I've beat it two or three times.  I've never finished X7 or X8 because they're so #####ing awful (X5 ain't too great either, but I've beaten it several times too, and it's still better than X6).

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #403 on: 23 August 2010, 17:23:32 »

I think am the only one who really enjoyed playing X6 as much as I enjoy playing the other X games, expect X7, as always.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #404 on: 23 August 2010, 23:36:59 »

At the very least X6 has cool music.
... it's nowhere near as good as 4, 5 and certainly not 1, but hey.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #405 on: 24 August 2010, 00:18:55 »

Agreed.

...Hell, X7 has a few good tracks too.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #406 on: 24 August 2010, 00:51:24 »

Too bad there's so much awful in the way you can't enjoy any of it.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #407 on: 24 August 2010, 07:14:18 »

Nightmare bull##### just made the game not very enjoyable...

Oh ##### I forgot about Nightmares. Never mind, good game became mediocre, and bad MegaMan game.

X7 is the worst for sure. I only played a bit of X8 but it was miles above what X7 was.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #408 on: 24 August 2010, 13:30:58 »

Yeah, X8 is pretty cool.  I think my biggest complaint with it was probably the slightly sloppy control and general "meh" feel of the game.  It isn't horrible, though, and Axl is actually fun to play as in that one.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #409 on: 26 August 2010, 09:24:31 »

X8 was awesome.

But Haters gonna hate I guess.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #410 on: 26 August 2010, 18:37:55 »

"Hater" is not the right word for someone who merely chooses to reserve the word "awesome" for things that are LITERALLY awesome.

Awesome is a very common overstatement.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #411 on: 27 August 2010, 17:40:58 »

X8 was awesome.

But Haters gonna hate I guess.

"Hater" is not the right word for someone who merely chooses to reserve the word "awesome" for things that are LITERALLY awesome.

Awesome is a very common overstatement.

Ouch.  But yeah, that's the truth.  X8 was not anywhere near awesome.  If I'm being generous, I'd say it was very mediocre.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #412 on: 28 August 2010, 00:14:29 »

Well I liked X8 at least. 

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #413 on: 28 August 2010, 04:41:58 »

Well I liked X8 at least. 

MAKE IT TWO!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #414 on: 28 August 2010, 04:47:55 »

Two liked X8 at least.

No, I LIKED it, but I ain't going to pretend it was awesome.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #415 on: 30 August 2010, 14:35:10 »

I won't pretend I liked it, but it wasn't awful.  It just wasn't very good.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #416 on: 10 September 2010, 20:38:57 »

I can say it was good...

But not great or anything. I can at least enjoy playing the game with little to few issues concerning it. If you try to take the story seriously (or pretend there IS a valid story), it'll probably just ruin the experience.

Posted on: 30 August 2010, 22:05:54

Replaying Command Mission, and I'm back up to Botos. Any hints and suggestions? What level should be at?

My main party:

X
Lv. 22
Scope Buster MKII
Justice Missle
Force Missles
X Heart Force Metal
Armor +3 Force Metal
Armor +3 Force Metal
Assassin Mind Force Metal

Zero
Lv. 22
Doubletooth
Heat Haze
Heat Haze
Armor +3 Force Metal
Armor +3 Force Metal
Shield +3 Force Metal

Cinnamon
Lv. 21
Angel's Hand
Combat Absorber
Energy Field
Gain WE +5 Force Metal
Speed +3 Force Metal
Speed +3 Force Metal

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #417 on: 11 September 2010, 08:37:24 »

I relied on Black Zero for crippling damage, if I recall. It took a few tries. A guide suggests waiting 'til he's at like half health to do this. Action Trigger Black Zero and then cool down, is what I did.

I beat that game so long ago so I don't remember any details.

Otherwise focus on getting rid of those stupid things he spawns, I guess.

I'm watching a video where Axl and Zero seem to be pummelling him. Axl has some sort of build where he's constantly using Action Trigger at 50%, and he does Silver Horn and takes out the dudes. They've hardly taken damage yet.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVDgNHtSHBY&feature=related

This isn't the very beginning of the fight but you didn't miss anything. If you need to go back and see how he built the characters you could, though.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2010, 08:45:12 by Majikn » Logged

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #418 on: 12 September 2010, 04:06:58 »

I hate Axl though...

Posted on: 12 September 2010, 02:57:37

Okay, I spoiled myself with that ending.

Massimo says it was easy?

MASSIMO says IT WAS EASY!?

I'm sorry, but THAT'S A LOAD.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #419 on: 12 September 2010, 04:30:46 »

I know for a fact that I used Axl at least in some parts, but my end party was X, Zero, and Cinnamon.

Frankly Axl was just more useful than some characters. I liked him enough to play with.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #420 on: 29 September 2010, 19:18:44 »

By the time I reached Botos, he was a joke.  Probably because I was GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND.

My team mainly consisted of either X, Zero, Massimo, or X, Zero, Cinnamon.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #421 on: 14 February 2011, 03:06:05 »

Megaman X1: Great game. It was a wonderful entry into the series. Things kinda went downhill for a while though... Still remains as one of the best sound tracks though in the series.

Megaman X2: Also great. Not much changed, but the addition of extra characters that were "mid-bosses" was pretty nifty. Nothing wrong here. Though, sound track was some hit and miss. Still much better than some later ##### in the series.

Megaman X3: Good. It had some good ideas, but it just didn't feel that great. It... had a lack luster sound track. Zero was a nice addition... but utterly useless. Wait till X4, pretty boy.

Megaman X4: Good Game. Now... things get tricky. They introduced a number of good elements. Playable Zero was the best thing they did since X1, it had a great sound track and overall good gameplay. Then something happened. Voice Acting happened. It knocks the game down a few points, sorry G.

Megaman X5: Great Game. What? Yeah, I'm serious. The penultimate battle of X vs Zero was something I was waiting for on the edge of my seat. The musical quality was fantastic. I felt it was an improvement over X4 in basically every way. The story was an excellent advancement in the series for me. I thought it would get better but...

Megaman X6: Good. It got a bit worse. Crazy ##### happened like... Nightmare Souls? What the jackhammer? Whatever, at least the sound track was good. I can get over that because...

Megaman X7: So-So. Despite this, we got Axl. Story wise... outside of one major plot inconsistency, this wasn't a bad game. Game play? It was clunky... it took some real getting used to. If I'm willing to play the game even now though, it means it wasn't horrible. I finally had a reason NOT to use X outside of Zero. This was a good day. Oh and who can forget the great Sound Track? I still praise it as the best OST in the series.

Megaman X8: Good Game. A step in the right direction after X7. More great Axlism. Made Axl even better and arguably the best character to play in the series. I can actually solo the game with Axl with no problem, where as I run into some issues with X or Zero. Huh, how about that. Anyway... Axl love aside... this game had a craptacular OST. I hated 90% of the tracks in this game, but it was OK because... Lumine was a great villain. I loved his themes especially, his battle themes were the only saving grace for the OST.

Megaman X9: ???

Megaman X Command Missions: Great game. Uh... really, it was just a great game. I think the rest of the series would do well to be an RPG. There's a lot that could be done in that format that just really can't in platforming. Much more story quality is available too. Can we have more of this please? OST was bitch'n too. More more.

I AM DJSonic!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #422 on: 14 February 2011, 04:12:41 »

I think your Axl love is pure fake trollery!

I also really liked Command Mission. I've thought momentarily of making a linear (or even non-linear if I could pull it off), story-oriented RPG about Mega Man X. Actually I totally WOULD do it if I could program, like, at all. I would find time in my busy schedule to get 'er done.

I wouldn't want to do it with one of those RPG Maker models either. I'd do it from scratch like an actual pro and make the battles all action-RPG-like rather than just click through a list of attacks.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #423 on: 14 February 2011, 09:36:30 »

I think your Axl love is pure fake trollery!

I also really liked Command Mission. I've thought momentarily of making a linear (or even non-linear if I could pull it off), story-oriented RPG about Mega Man X. Actually I totally WOULD do it if I could program, like, at all. I would find time in my busy schedule to get 'er done.

I wouldn't want to do it with one of those RPG Maker models either. I'd do it from scratch like an actual pro and make the battles all action-RPG-like rather than just click through a list of attacks.

Haha, you'd like that wouldn't you? Unfortunately for some, I actually genuinely love Axl. He's literally my favorite X series character. No joke.

However, I too would love to make a really decent X RPG... but then, I've got a long list of stuff I'd like to make but lack the skills.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #424 on: 14 February 2011, 13:59:38 »

Huh, I pretty agree with you on all points but X3 and X7.
Except the Axl thing I think he's only OK in X8... but my favorite character has always been X himself so there you go.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #425 on: 14 February 2011, 20:05:56 »

Honestly, aside from certain extremes(I like Axl for example) my base thoughts aren't bad. A lot of how I feel is based off of logic. Logically, most of the series is great.

Just varying degrees of great. The only game that was a real downer was X7, even I can admit that.

Oh well. Honestly, the series had a better run than pretty much every other.

I'd say Classic did, but... Classic didn't "do anything new" after a while. Hard to fail when your base formula never changes.

Legends hasn't had enough games to count either.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #426 on: 15 February 2011, 14:48:01 »

ANYONE who claims X7 had a better soundtrack than X1 is a troll.  X1's soundtrack is #####ing UNTOUCHABLE.  It is the pinnacle of the series by a very VERY comfortable margin.  This is fact and not open for debate.  Sorry.

I happen to think a good chunk of X has a good soundtrack, with some games (X2, X4) being much stronger overall while other games (X5,X6,X3) being acceptable if not a bit bland with some outstanding tracks mixed in.  I can't really say I like much of ANYTHING music wise out of X7 and X8.  X7's boss theme isn't too bad, but X8's ost offended my ears in ways X7 offended my everything.

I also loved Command Mission's soundtrack.  The only real beef being the compositions are far too short, the same issue I had with Legend's music.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #427 on: 15 February 2011, 15:56:12 »

X has an amazing rocking OST that came together absolutely beautifully and just works so well. X2 has a lot of really cool time/rhythm experimentation and gets extra marks for that even though it's not as amazing as X. X3 has a handful of really good tracks and a bunch of okay ones with a couple of stinkers. X4 is a good soundtrack overall but I can't think of any real standouts. X5 and X6 have a few amazing tracks each and a bunch of okay others.

Never heard X7-8, Command Mission is okay though.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #428 on: 15 February 2011, 20:33:57 »

ANYONE who claims X7 had a better soundtrack than X1 is a troll.  X1's soundtrack is #####ing UNTOUCHABLE.  It is the pinnacle of the series by a very VERY comfortable margin.  This is fact and not open for debate.  Sorry.

I happen to think a good chunk of X has a good soundtrack, with some games (X2, X4) being much stronger overall while other games (X5,X6,X3) being acceptable if not a bit bland with some outstanding tracks mixed in.  I can't really say I like much of ANYTHING music wise out of X7 and X8.  X7's boss theme isn't too bad, but X8's ost offended my ears in ways X7 offended my everything.

I also loved Command Mission's soundtrack.  The only real beef being the compositions are far too short, the same issue I had with Legend's music.

I await the day you're done being a child and realize that your opinion isn't fact. >_>

Of course, since that'll be the day X9 is released, they make a EXE game that is on par with EXE 2 and Legends 4 is released... I guess that'll never happen. You'll die from Old Man Syndrome before that happens.

That said... I assure you that I am not trolling. I just have a different taste in music than you do. Hell, just because the majority opinion leans toward one thing over another doesn't mean that it is definitive truth. If I blow your brains out, chances are you are going to die. This is accepted as a fact because well... people need their brain to function.

The music being compared from one game to another is only possible through the perception of multiple people. Until you become Jesus #####ing Christ or whoever you or anyone else believes in (in other words, you gotta become multiple gods, Charles Xavier. This is a very interesting challenge), you cannot decide what is and isn't true in the world of perceptualized conception.

In other words, Fudge Ya.

On the other hand, I totally agree with X8. Aside like... the last BGMs on the OST, it was a terrible thing in terms of music. Such evil should never have left the conductor's factory.

I AM DJSonic!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #429 on: 15 February 2011, 21:21:38 »

I'm pretty sure he knows and understands everything you just said, given that he used the same kind of argument on you before, when you were being condescending about Axl and... chocolate.

Honestly, to me, anything in the soundtrack beyond X4 is completely bland and forgettable, with the exception of Command Mission.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #430 on: 15 February 2011, 21:51:42 »

I know, we do this regularly. It's all out of love. Yes... love. *nods*

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #431 on: 16 February 2011, 13:35:35 »

It reminds me of the good old days back at DASH.

Music is a totally subjective thing, though.  Trying to get Rez to understand that is virtually impossible... and since this is the internet virtual is all we've got.

See, I actually like the music from X4-X6 the best in terms of how it sounds.  I do think the arrangement in the first three games is awesome and the first is completely memorable, but I just love the sound of stage themes from the PS1 era stuff.

I can't remember a damn thing from X7 or 8, and I don't remember liking any of the synth much.  Not to say I disliked it, I just find it totally unmemorable
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #432 on: 21 February 2011, 20:54:35 »

I don't understand things good.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #433 on: 16 September 2013, 17:29:59 »

So ... Since X1 I always wondered how Dr.Light placed them capsules there. Am starting to wonder if CAPCOM will link it to MegaMan xOVER. Trolling of course. xD

Signature:
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #434 on: 2 October 2013, 20:47:21 »

I'm pretty sure Dr. Light's hologram is sentient and it can place capsules wherever it wants to. Then again, the X series's story just goes at whatever direction it feels like.

I've been splurging on Megaman a lot lately. The past 2 weeks I completed Megaman 8, X4, X5, Xtreme, and also Legends.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #435 on: 2 October 2013, 21:37:27 »

I'm pretty sure Dr. Light's hologram is sentient and it can place capsules wherever it wants to. Then again, the X series's story just goes at whatever direction it feels like.

I've been splurging on Megaman a lot lately. The past 2 weeks I completed Megaman 8, X4, X5, Xtreme, and also Legends.

Most fun I would have if I owned them all.

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #436 on: 19 April 2017, 01:25:22 »

Wall of text incoming!

So, sometime last year I decided to finally play through X2 and X3 for the first time, via the Wii U virtual console. And well... I didn't like either of them. At first. I replayed X3 probably a week after my first time beating it and enjoyed it quite a bit more the 2nd time.

I ended up selling my Wii U to get a Switch, so the only means I had to play X2 and 3 legit was... the X Collection, but I had never beaten them on there either so I never unlocked Battle & Chase, so there was at least some motivation to do it.

Something I noticed about X2 on the PS2 Collection... the slowdowns that I saw in the Wii U VC were nonexistant. Which made some fights feel weird since I was used to them being full of slowdowns, such as the first Serges fight and Crystal Snail. X3 seemed... the same. I actually like the arranged music better than the SNES music, though the original is still good.

I finally got to play Battle & Chase at least, it's kinda fun.

But I do have a question, what other differences or flaws have you all noticed that the X Collection makes in regards to the originals?

I noticed that the X2 intro has a sound bug in MMXC, and X1 had the dialogue edit in the opening stage that #####ed up the final boss dialogue (something like "why you done this to us X!"), as well as removing the Hadouken voice clip for no reason. I also know that X6 had the voices removed entirely from cutscenes as well, but I had no need to ever play X4-6 on the Collection since I own the original PS1 copies.

One final thing I noticed that was off in the Collection was that the picture quality is... random. I use component cables on my PS2 and I noticed that the picture quality in X1-3 would go from crisp to randomly blurry and shaky. I don't think I've had that issue with any other games on my PS2, so it's probably the game itself or the porting job being ass.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #437 on: 19 April 2017, 04:09:11 »

The 2 PS2 era collections were both horribly done with poor ports and worksmanship.  I can't remember all the errors and glitches and cut/modified stuff in those things.  Hell, the Gamecube version of Anniversary Collection reversed the freaking jump and shoot buttons!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #438 on: 19 April 2017, 20:10:11 »

Yeah, I remember MMAC being really bad. Especially after learning about all the stuff that was cut from the Complete Works versions. Or the complete lack of button configuration for the GameCube version because lol reversed buttons.

Oh yeah, I also forgot the X Collection used MP3's or something for the songs that just end abruptly instead of fading out during certain parts.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Battle & Chase I probably wouldn't have ever touched the X Collection. It'd be nice if they released B&C on PSN or something.

I'm probably going to make a Japanese PSN account so I can buy the PS2 Arcade game Ports, I think it's called Power Battle Fighters, which unsurprisingly are better than the ports we got in MMAC.

Maybe in another 20 years we'll actually get a good Mega Man Collection for once.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #439 on: 21 April 2017, 04:01:07 »

We will NEVER get a good Mega Man collection.  They ##### up something every time.  Even the latest try of the 6 NES games has sound issues.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string