MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 10:10:05
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print
Author Topic: GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES  (Read 181947 times)
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #350 on: 10 July 2009, 05:31:19 »

Because Mario...is just, well....Mario.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #351 on: 10 July 2009, 06:10:42 »

That means very little if anything, because Mega Man could be just as successful without any restrictions concerning timelines.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #352 on: 10 July 2009, 14:39:52 »

There aren't many series with consistent timelines. Castlevania, Zelda, Megaman, uh, Metroid?...
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #353 on: 10 July 2009, 20:27:45 »

That would depend on your definition of 'consistent'. At least three of the timelines you mentioned have been shot to hell, practically to Star Trek levels in the case of Zelda.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #354 on: 10 July 2009, 22:43:07 »

Zelda's Timeline makes perfect sense, actually.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #355 on: 11 July 2009, 00:46:21 »

Don't talk about my fetish!

... I think I just found the perfect way to scare someone out of talking about something I don't want to hear about.

Because like, like, this one time I was listening to this gir'friend talking to her gir'friends about dresses that seem to fit but then when they went home and put them on their boobs were sticking out of the top and being a guy I kind of have a boob fetish (I'm sure some don't) so I thought of yelling "DON'T TALK ABOUT MY FETISH" but I didn't.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #356 on: 11 July 2009, 01:26:18 »

You should have.

I'm imagining this was on public transportation, too.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #357 on: 11 July 2009, 10:18:56 »

MegaMissions was a comic book / card set from round about the X3 era.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #358 on: 12 July 2009, 04:53:55 »

Abe rushes in to save the day.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #359 on: 13 July 2009, 23:15:09 »

gir'friend

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #360 on: 14 July 2009, 05:26:59 »

Grr.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #361 on: 14 July 2009, 07:28:16 »

Friend.

X
Noob

« Reply #362 on: 17 August 2009, 07:33:31 »

I got one, very simple question... How do you get X's Hadoken in X1, I know where it is, but everytime I try I don't find it

ANIME RULES!!!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #363 on: 17 August 2009, 07:36:06 »

Get all the upgrades, heart tanks, sub tanks. Go through the level 4 times in a row. It should be there.

Yeah, you gotta keep going back.

LOL BANDWAGON
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #364 on: 17 August 2009, 17:03:57 »

I'm also pretty sure you need to have full health when you get there each time too.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #365 on: 18 August 2009, 04:07:46 »

I got it by jumping off the cliff and killing myself though. You don't have to repeat the whole stage.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #366 on: 18 August 2009, 04:09:55 »

Yeah. But if I got to a certain point with less than full health I seem to recall the capsule not being there.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #367 on: 18 August 2009, 04:50:50 »

I always just redid the whole thing.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
X
Noob

« Reply #368 on: 20 August 2009, 23:02:33 »

Thanks guys! THat's sure halpful

ANIME RULES!!!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #369 on: 20 August 2009, 23:06:16 »

For a second that sounded sarcastic.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #370 on: 21 August 2009, 18:14:13 »

There's very few people who can pull off genuine-sarcastic. Give the man a golf clap.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #371 on: 5 September 2009, 17:46:24 »

Wait, they make golf claps now?

Kids these days. What's next, golf balls?

Ramen Noodles!
Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #372 on: 25 April 2010, 22:45:23 »

Megaman X: HELL YEAH CAPCOM!
Megaman X2: Good, but not as good as the first.
Megaman X3: Better than X2, but not X1.
Megaman X4: Thats what I'm talking about.
Megaman X5: What a wonderful way to end the series.
Megaman X6: Okay, but shouldn't exist.
Megaman X7: ##### YOU CAPCOM!
Megaman X8: I love it.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #373 on: 26 April 2010, 02:20:37 »

Megaman X: HELL YEAH CAPCOM!
Megaman X2: Good, but not as good as the first.
Megaman X3: Better than X2, but not X1.
Megaman X4: Thats what I'm talking about.
Megaman X5: What a wonderful way to end the series.
Megaman X6: Okay, but shouldn't exist.
Megaman X7: ##### YOU CAPCOM!
Megaman X8: I love it.

X1:  Awesome
X2:  Awesome
X3:  Great
X4:  Awesome
X5:  Mediocre
X6:  Bad
X7:  #####ing #####
X8:  Awesome
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #374 on: 26 April 2010, 03:03:08 »

X1>X3>X4>X2>X8>X5>X6>X7

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #375 on: 26 April 2010, 16:18:09 »

I liked X6 because he ca use Zero's old saber but didn't at the same time because you can only do so much with it to the point were you sometimes forget that X can use the saber. Other then that, Capcom should have put more work in Sigma because it feel like am shooting a rag doll.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #376 on: 27 April 2010, 02:07:05 »

X1:  Awesome, and childhood favorite.
X2:  Awesome
X3:  Good/Great.
X4:  Somewhere in between Great and Awesome.
X5:  Good as a first play through. Bland as a replay.
X6:  Bad
X7:  REALLY Bad.
X8:  Good/Great.

I wouldn't say X8 is awesome, but it was decent enough to be enjoyed.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #377 on: 27 April 2010, 03:18:56 »

Here is my order for my favorite to least favorite of the Megaman X series.

1. Megaman X4
2. Megaman X5
3. Megaman X
4. Megaman X3
5. Megaman X2

Here are the games that I don't enjoy as much, but still somewhat enjoy it. Especially Megaman X8. I love pretending that they have nothing to do with the cannon. Anyone that thinks the cyber elf ending idea is more epic than the Megaman X5 ending is on crack.

6. Megaman X8 (I miss the 8 heart tanks. The rare metals are stupid, and the only ones that I even buy are when its the four weapon tanks or its Zero's weapons)
7. Megaman X6 (I would serously enjoy it, if they didn't have that nightmare system, and didn't have a boss that throws his ##### at people and go through his #####ty stage)
8. Megaman X7 (You know exactly why I its down here)

If I show you my classic Megaman series favorite to least favorite, all of you would kick my ass.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #378 on: 27 April 2010, 15:20:38 »

X1 - The Pennicle of the series, 2nd best Mega Man game ever made, one of the best VIDEO games ever made PERIOD.
X2 - Great Game
X3 - Great Game
X4 - Excellent Game
X5 - Ok Game
X6 - Mediocre Game
X7 - Universally considered a crime against Mega Man, one of the worst Mega Man games ever made, if not THE worst.
X8 - Poor Game

X1.  It is the Alpha.  It is the Omega.  This game is about as close to perfect as it gets.  Weapons, bosses, stages.  All top tier.  The soundtrack is legendary.  There is no debate on this.  Anyone who argues that ANY other X game is better than this one is wrong.  And as an aside, MHX is INFINITELY inferior to X1.  It is a textbook example of trying to fix what wasn't broken, and even taking it as an "update" it failed miserably by butchering the remixes, revising the plot (gotta make MMZ/ZX make sense lol), and using 2.5D which is sloppy as hell compared to the crisp and perfectly refined sprite based 2D.

X4, while not as good as 1-3 in terms of physics or even stage design beats 2 and 3 for me simply because of Zero.  Hell, X4 might as well be the only TRUE Mega Man Zero game, as Zero outshines X's mode by a mile.  He plays on God Tier level and the game transformes into something beyond a normal X game while using him.  Sadly, this is not the case in X5 or X6.

X7 is,  of course, a total failure in EVERY regard from the fangasm wanna be character Axl (This game is really Mega Man Axl) to the HORRID 3D stages and gameplay.  This is a game that should never have been sent out the door, much less green lighted in the first place.

X8 is by definition, NOT X7, so of course it's "good".  But the fact remains the 2.5D style is still and will ALWAYS be inferior to the tightness of true 2D design.  The game is a mess with 3 playables, the stage design is even WORSE than X6 (and that's bad) and while going back to it's "2D roots" they threw away the signature heart tank/sub tank system for the awful shop system.  The Art direction was simply disgusting and if not for MMZ, would be the single worst in the franchise.  The plot goes beyond awful in a way that even I didn't think they could do given what a can of ##### Capcom and Inafune managed to twist it into.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #379 on: 27 April 2010, 20:10:27 »

Megaman X5 is an awesome game in my opinion, and it should have ended the X series. Not not stupid cyber elf bull#####. The flaws of the game is that you can't get certain heart tanks as Zero, and Alia never shuts the hell up.

Also, here is some tibbit information.

In Megaman X4, when you play as Zero, Bosses have different weakness.

Web Spider: Still the same, but you can't reach him unless hes in the bottom of the web during his ultimate attack.
Split Mushroom: Still the same.
Cyber Peacock: Not the same. Hes now weak against Magma Dragoon's technique.
Storm Owl: Still the same.
Magma Dragoon: Not the same. Hes now weak against Web Spider's technique.
Frost Walrus: Still the same.
Jet Stingray: Still the same.
Slash Beast: I don't know. You can't hit him with Jet Stingray's technique, considering that Jet Stingray isn't even supposed to hurt enemies at all. I guess air dashing makes some of his attacks easier to dodge.

Armors

Megaman X in Megaman X-X4 simply just gets four upgrades. X will also get special ugrades, wether its to give X Street Fighter moves, or give him a special armor. In Megaman X5-X6, they'res four types of armors. The armor X starts the game with, which he has from the last game (which by the has some parts unfunctional). Then X has the games armor (which he has to get all four upgrades to get them just like in MMX-X4, the difference being that he has to get all of them before he can use them). Then X has the spike proof armor where he can't use weapons, his uncharged busters shoot something else, and can cling to walls without sliding (X also has to find four upgrades). Then theres the special armor. Megaman X7 went back to Megaman X-X4 roots. The armor however sucks. There's no special ugrade. Megaman X8 did something a little different. Megaman X gets the whole armor, but depending on what capsule he gets, certain part of his armor will shine. Say he gets a leg upgrade, his leg of the armor will shine red. Theres two different versions of it, one where X is blue and one where X is red. Also, theres a special upgrade where X is able to use what appears to be the armor mimicking the ultimate armor.
« Last Edit: 27 April 2010, 20:20:47 by Yusuke » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #380 on: 27 April 2010, 21:36:54 »

... ok.

Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #381 on: 7 May 2010, 03:27:24 »

My prediction for Megaman X9: The Elf War Saga

Plot
Axl is dead. X and Zero are left to fight Sigma being controlled by some extremely annoying thing kill what made Sigma epic. They learn Omega was behind everything. His plot is to make the X storyline as crappy as possible. He was behind this every since Megaman X6. Zero commits suicide just because of how horrible the plot is. This fails because Capcom can't make a decent storyline for ##### since Megaman X6. X and Zero are involved in this elf war bull#####. They fight Omega, and beat him. Zero seals himself a 100 years because he can't stand the #####ty storyline in the end of the game. We all know this fails in Megaman Zero.

Intro Boss
Sigma being controlled by some stupid thing.

Mavericks
Spike Fox
Sonic Wasp
Flame Mouse
Ice Seal
Static Eel
Bubble Whale
Ground Hippo
Grass Skunk

Fortress Bosses
Stage 1: (This is a boss rematch stage btw) Omega Form 1, Omega Form 2.

Armors
-Cyber Elf Armor
 Legs: X will have glitter come out of his boots as when he dashes.
 Chest: X Will be able to do a giga attack that makes blue beams shoot out everywhere.
 Arms: X will only be able to charge weapons.
 Head: X will be able to use cyber elves without crystals.

Cyber Elves: They allow X and Zero to do all kinds of stuff. They replace heart tanks and sub tanks.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #382 on: 7 May 2010, 09:38:12 »

No.  Just no.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #383 on: 7 May 2010, 11:14:11 »

-Cyber Elf Armor
 Legs: X will have glitter come out of his boots as when he dashes.

...What?

Also... "Ground Hippo"? "Flame Mouse"? Truly inspired.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #384 on: 7 May 2010, 22:32:26 »

Sounds like someone likes to use glitter. XD

Signature:
Yusuke
Noob

« Reply #385 on: 8 May 2010, 00:52:38 »

Also, the style will change from the X series to the Zero series. The maverick headquarters will be pink. It will be all cute and friendly, even though the X series is supposed to be one of the serious spin off's.

There will be one fortress stage just because Capcom is so damn lazy to make more. It will just be a boss rematch, and you'll have to fight Omega at the end.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #386 on: 8 May 2010, 10:04:24 »

Haha  I get it.  You were trolling.

Good troll lad.  Good troll.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #387 on: 10 May 2010, 14:21:30 »

Trolls are not welcome here.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #388 on: 13 May 2010, 00:16:19 »

Aww, can we keep him?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #389 on: 13 May 2010, 03:14:19 »

He's already peed on the carpet, torn up the sofa, busted down the front door, killed our pet cat, poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague upon our houses!

I say it's nibbles food.

and then we should probably tip something over.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #390 on: 13 May 2010, 04:10:12 »

Wait, he did all that?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #391 on: 13 May 2010, 06:24:48 »

and then we should probably tip something over.

Did you see the pool?
They flipped the bitch!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #392 on: 13 May 2010, 06:31:17 »

Oh Wesley.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #393 on: 29 May 2010, 19:04:38 »

I feel like playing X-X6, but don't feel like spending money on a used PS2 and hunt out The X Collection.

Signature:
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #394 on: 29 May 2010, 19:49:31 »

Well then you're S-O-L, sir.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #395 on: 22 August 2010, 20:00:08 »

I don't think it deserves its own topic so I'll post it here.

Apperantlly the beta verson to X6 is out and about.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/08/22/rockman-x6-prototype-escapes-containment/

Signature:
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #396 on: 22 August 2010, 20:06:24 »

And if you want to yell at me about not recognizing what a fun game Mega Man X6 actually is, I’ll pretend to believe you!

I had to personally laugh at that, because on the ol' Atomic-Fire forums (before it closed down obviously), there were a group of members who ACTUALLY BELIEVED X6 was the best Mega Man X game of the series.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #397 on: 22 August 2010, 21:35:09 »

I don't think it deserves its own topic so I'll post it here.

Apperantlly the beta verson to X6 is out and about.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/08/22/rockman-x6-prototype-escapes-containment/

Yep, I know the guy who dumped it. I like how they use rough sketches for the menu art and such.

I had to personally laugh at that, because on the ol' Atomic-Fire forums (before it closed down obviously), there were a group of members who ACTUALLY BELIEVED X6 was the best Mega Man X game of the series.

I haven't played X6 in a long while but as far as I know it wasn't a bad game per-say, just a very average MM game. Although the story is laughable I remember that.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #398 on: 22 August 2010, 23:33:57 »

It's not worth putting the time into it to complete it.
Thus, bad game IMO.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #399 on: 23 August 2010, 02:02:56 »

Nightmare bull##### just made the game not very enjoyable...

"Having fun? Let's ruin that by making the screen turn black randomly during parts with spikes! Not enough? Let's add an annoying invincibile Fly robot that blocks your attacks on other enemies! STILL NOT ENOUGH?! COMPRESSOR!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : GENERAL X SERIES ENQUIRIES
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string